Home Sweet Home

06 July 2008

At the wedding reception.

The new Mr. & Mrs.

Morgan and I are back from our first weekend away without the girls. We had a mellow 4th of July with Roy and Laura and then attended Coco's lovely wedding in Solvang yesterday. Although we had a nice time, we're happy to be home. Sure, it was nice to be in cooler weather, finish a conversation or thought without interruption, feel the refreshing sea breeze, admire the sweeping hills and beautiful vineyards, but all in all, we missed our kids. I managed to limit myself to only two calls a day. Every time we called home, they were doing well and having a good time so it's not that we were at all worried. I realized that I just enjoy spending time with my girls and watching them grow and develop. Rich and Emily kept busy by taking them to the mall and Wal-Mart. They also kept cool by swimming in the pool with them everyday. The best part about our weekend away was that Morgan and I got to enjoy each other's company. We had long talks and conversation which made our 5 hour drive (one-way) go by really fast. The other nice thing was that being at a wedding made us appreciate our own marriage even more. It was a wonderful time of reflection as we looked back on our lives together. We are truly blessed beyond belief. I completely understand the need and think it's important for couples to recharge (without the kids) once in a while but for me, a weekend was just about my limit. It's hard to believe but even in the last two days that we were gone, the girls' vocabulary and speech grew even more! They are learning and changing everyday and at this age, I don't want to miss a thing.

I guess it's true what they say... Home is where the heart is.

And it's great to be home.

A BIG thank you to Rich and Emily. We love you and appreciate you very much!
Kristen said...

What an awesome time you had, we haven't been away in too long. It is such a blessing because you come back refreshed and appreciate the kids more. Yeah for you two!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -