No turning back, Part II

10 July 2008

Typically, when Morgan is out of town, I have a hard time sleeping. Last night was no different. I barely got 5 hours of sleep, at best. I thought that I would be completely useless today but perseverance and stamina made it's glorious appearance later in the day.

Here are some highlights...

*Other than our make-up swim lesson at 11:00 this morning and a quick trip to Wal-Mart afterwards, the girls were in their panties all day.

*Grace only had 2 accidents and Faith had none- All day!

*Grace woke up from her nap with a completely dry diaper.

*I only used 3 diapers for each of them today. That includes the one they are sleeping in right now!

* No rewards or treats were needed today.

*I kept track of how many times they went pee and it seemed to be fewer than any day this week. Perhaps they are learning to hold it better?

*I have developed a whole new respect and appreciation for diapers and wipees. God bless those women who had to use cloth diapers!

*I started this morning with some much needed prayer. More so than a typical day, I needed to submit this day to the Lord and say, "Here, you take over." Although there were little glimpses of "not so patient" me throughout the day, I was often humbled by the Lord's gentle grace and tenderness. Thank you, Lord!

*Yet again, at the end of the day, I am reminded that I must not turn back. There is obvious and great improvement each day.

*Like it or not, this self- professing, clean and control freak is learning her share of lessons along the way.

*I can't wait for Morgan to get home tonight so that he can share in our adventures the rest of the week!

* I am so proud of my girls!

Hailey said...

progress is so rewarding! great job mom!

The Letter 'W' said...

I was thinking about your gals today with your potty training trials. Hope the day went even better than yesterday!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -