Date night

06 April 2007

Last night, Morgan and I had our first "date night" since we became parents of two! We have been home with our girls for exactly one month now. My, does time fly when you have kids! Now, I understand when people say, "Kids grow up so fast and where did all the time go?" Morgan's Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom live nearby and they kindly offered to watch the girls once we put them to bed at 7:30. Our dinner reservations were at 7:45 so it was perfect! We really enjoyed the couple of hours we had together and told ourselves that we are going to do this at least once a month! We are so fortunate to have family near us to help out once in a while. I won't lie, it was also nice to be served and not have to think about what I'm going to make for dinner!

Although I didn't really feel like we needed to get out, I knew that it was probably something that we should do in order to maintain a healthy and strong balance in our marriage as well as our family life in general. It was kinda nice to put on makeup, let down my hair (instead of up in a pony tail) and wear something other than shorts and a tank top all day long. Thank you, Mary and Tom! We love you and appreciate you so much. Oh yeah, they said the girls did not wake up once while we were gone. Atta girls!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -