A New Season

09 September 2006

With Labor Day behind us, there's a slight hint of fall in the air. Another season is quickly approaching. Fall is probably my favorite time of year. Maybe it's because our wedding anniversary is in the month of October and we always vacation during that month? Perhaps I love fall because November brings Morgan's birthday and one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving? These things, combined with the beauty of the leaves changing color and a crisp, cooler air give me plenty of reasons to welcome a new season.

With this new season, a new adventure in our lives will also begin. We will be moving into our new home this fall. We were planning to buy a bigger home once our daughter arrived but life is always full of surprises. Because we didn't expect to move so soon, we were a bit reluctant to make this decision at first. After much prayer and discussion, we felt God's hand leading us to this special blessing. This week, after learning that we moved up to #6 on the wait list, we were again reminded that God knows what's best for us and His timing is ALWAYS perfect.
With our new home, we can now be settled and ready for our baby's arrival.

Change is hard on most people. Usually our fears keep us from making any changes at all.
"If it aint' broken, why fix it, right?" I've always been one to live my life experiencing different opportunities and trying to grow from each of them...
Much to my parents' dismay at times, while growing up :)
Even though some of my choices didn't have the outcome I had hoped for at the time, what I gained in the experience and effort has always been priceless. What I've come to understand is that change is often God's invitation to a blessing. Celebrating that change can be our way of preparing ourselves to receive God's glory. That doesn't always mean that it's easy.
In fact, most often than not, change is the most difficult thing we go through.

It will be difficult to leave our beach pad, friends, church family, and community but God is calling us to a new adventure. It is with excitement and a bit of sadness that we embark on this new journey.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -