Valentine's Day Picnic

15 February 2018

After going out to dinner on Valentine's Day as a family last year (never again!), I decided to keep it simple and stay home this year. Morgan and I don't like to make a fuss about the day for each other but I love to make days like this special for my kids.     

My morning started when I walked downstairs and these were waiting for me. #sweethubby


"For God so loved the world, He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16 #thegreatestvalentineeversent


 My very own cupid. 💘


Faith made her specialty for the picnic... deviled eggs. #yum


Look what she found! 💕


 It was a beautiful day for a picnic in the backyard!


 So, I actually only made ONE thing for the picnic (hot ham & cheese sliders, not pictured) so pulling together our lunch was super SIMPLE. Well, unless you count those skewers which only took about 2 minutes to assemble. The mini lemon tarts were made by Jill. #sweetjillstreats 


 Daddy came home for lunch and joined us in the backyard.


 Faith and daddy.


 My three little loves. #ilovethembig


He was wired ALL DAY from this one brownie bite. #nonstoptalking 😱


Caught him for a quick pic.


If you haven't been over lately, the side of our house has turned into an archery range.


 "I do it!"


 We exchanged little gifts.


Books are always a big hit with the girls.


Sweet handmade cards are the best!


And we played some "Minute it to Win it" games.


I love them all so much!

 Morgan and I both agreed that this was the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day with our family.
I know one day when we look back, these will be some of the best days of our lives.  
I hope the kids remember all the special childhood memories but most importantly, I hope they know how much they're loved and cherished. By us and by their Father in heaven.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -