Day Trippin'

09 June 2017

I took the kids to our favorite mountain town for a little day trip out of the heat yesterday.


 We came specifically for the petting zoo.


 Zach was ALL ABOUT feeding the animals. He was so content and happy!


 He loved holding his cup full of corn and visiting each little creature.








 The big kids had a great time as well.


 My three little seedlings.


Doing his wild bear face. 🐻


 Little cub and me.


 He's the cutest!


Mama's boy. 💗


 Roaming peacocks.


Is there anything sweeter than little chubby praying hands? #nope


 Picnic lunch.


 Trying on mama's sunglasses.


 Nature walk.


Wildflowers.


 Trailblazer.




 Love them!


 Gorgeous view.




 What were they looking at?


 This giant catfish!


 My three blessings. 💜💛💙

What a great time we had adventuring up in Oak Glen! The only thing missing was daddy!
I guess someone has to work. 😄
The weather was at least 20 degrees cooler so the kids were able to run around and enjoy being outdoors without sweating to death. Ha! Despite some of the goats being VERY aggressive at the petting zoo (a.k.a. eating our clothes and jumping on us!), all the kids loved it. Actually, they didn't mind one bit, it was only me who kind of freaked out. I'm so NOT a farm girl. Although I'd love to be! 😉

We made one more stop before heading home.
Cherry Valley Feed and Supply to see...


Baby chicks! There were so many!


This girl loves her some chicks. 🐤


 And little brother did, too.

I don't often go too far without daddy but it had to be done. Summer adventures were calling! And with Oak Glen being less than an hour away, I had no excuse so I packed up the kids and headed for higher (cooler) ground. And I'm so glad I did! The weather was perfect for romping about and discovering new things. Besides, when you're surrounded by nature, it awakes all of your senses and holds your attention in the best possible way. In other words, being outside is so good for the heart and soul!



2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -