Meal Plan Week #14

19 December 2016


Can you believe it? Only SIX days left until Christmas! The countdown just got real.
Thankfully, all our Christmas cards have been mailed and I'm just about done with my shopping. This week, we're attempting to bake baking some goodies for our neighbors. You all know by now that baking is NOT my thing but hey, I try. 😌

Speaking of baking, the girls got together with their girlfriends last week and they baked 21 DOZEN cookies to send to our soldiers for Christmas. That's AMAZING, right?!!

My girlfriend, Debbi sent me these pictures from her house.





Afterwards, they wrote cards and prayed over our military. Debbi said it was the sweetest thing to witness and it blessed her heart tremendously!

At CBS before our break, the kids also made Christmas cards and wrote notes of encouragement to the soldiers at Walter Reed National Military Hospital. Such a sweet thing to give back and bless others, especially this time of year! And I'm so grateful for girlfriends like Debbi and Jill who take time to think of these wonderful things to do with our kids.   

 This week, since we're on Christmas break around here, I thought about foregoing my weekly meal plan. However, in thinking about it some more, this week is EXACTLY why I need a meal plan more than ever! Silly me. 😝 

My brain has been looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas. We're so excited that my family will be here for Christmas Eve! We can't wait to spend time with them and hold the new baby! But that's NEXT weekend. In the meantime, this week, my family's still gotta eat. Imagine that? The nerve. 😁 

Ok, so here we go! Without a doubt, this was last week's stand out.

Taco Tortellini Soup

Morgan absolutely LOVED this soup. If you're a fan of tacos, chili, or pasta (like we are), this one will be your new favorite, too! It's kind of like having all three of those things in one bowl! I just love crockpot meals! I don't know about you but my crockpot is a rock star on weeknights. It keeps me out of the kitchen during that hour before daddy gets home and it gives me time to interact with my kids. Otherwise, I have a toddler who is constantly at my feet, wanting his mama, while I'm trying to cook.
So yeah, #crockpotsforthewin #minedeservesamedal.

I'm all about quick and easy dinners this week. Here's what's on the menu:

Meal Plan Week #14
  • Taco Salad
  • Teriyaki Salmon & Sesame Noodle Bowls
  • Ham & Cheese Panini w/Soup
  • Red Beans & Rice
  • Fish tacos
This week can be a very stressful week for so many of us. Last minute shopping, gift wrapping, long lines at the post office, traveling, family coming into town, cleaning to do, and meals to provide. I get it. Let's just stop and breathe, shall we? Or better yet, let's pray and breathe. Amid the busyness, let's take a moment before each day and focus on the real reason for this blessed season. It's not about the perfect meal, the perfect gift, or the perfect décor. No one will remember those things by the new year!

Christmas is about a baby, born in a manger, sent to be the Savior of the world, the Son of God, the King of kings. The real reason we celebrate Christmas is not only to remember the birth of that baby but the death of that man on the cross, who brought about salvation for us all. With that, He also brings us the free gift of grace, the peace that passes all understanding, the hope of eternal life, and the love that comes from having a personal relationship with Him. JESUS is the reason for this season! And hallelujah, with Him, we don't have to be stressed or overacheive or run around like crazy. We just have to believe.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -