Favorite Things Friday

02 December 2016

So, it's DECEMBER!! This week, I had many favorites I wanted to share and document.



I tried a new local hair stylist last week and I'm pretty happy. It was time to get rid of my summer lob and brassiness. Or should I say, orange?! You'd think after all these years, I'd have it figured out by now but with my face shape (round), I need layers framing my face or a short angled bob. I'm growing it out again but the in between stage is what drives me crazy! And as far as hair color goes, I'm happier now with my hair toned down to a truer brown and caramel highlights.
No more orange-blonde! Yay!

    
 Can we just talk about how awkward it is to take a selfie?!
It only took me like 26 times to get a decent picture. 😜  


'Tis the season for getting sick. Thankfully, I haven't been sick in a long time (maybe years). I attribute it to the grace of God (ain't nobody happy if mama's sick!), regular exercise, and healthy sleep. Yup, sometimes, I'm in bed by 8:30! We could probably all use a boost in veggies. These cold-pressed fruit and veggie drinks are a great supplement during the cold and flu season. Helps to beef up on the antioxidants, for sure!


Of course, the girls like the fruit one better than the green one... but I still make them drink it!


So, I borrowed (tried on) this lip crayon from my 16 year-old niece, Christina when we were in Bakersfield over Thanksgiving. (That's what she gets for leaving her make-up out on the bathroom counter!). 😝
I loved it so much, I went home and bought two! I have it in Redwood Forest and Hawaiian Smolder. They are supposed to be matte, but I don't find them overly so. The shea butter in them makes them creamy! Perfect for this season of dry, chapped lips! Gotta love Burt's Bees. Especially this time of year!

    
I'm a word girl so one of my favorites to follow for inspiration is author and speaker, Jennie Allen.
She knocks it out of the park every single time!



I'm keeping Advent very simple this year. No chocolates, no prizes, no Christmas activities to uncover (not that we aren't doing any fun festive activities!). Advent this year will simply be about reading the bible together as a family and preparing our hearts for Christ. (Isn't that what it's all about anyway?) I found these simple scripture cards as a daily reminder and decided to tape them unto our fireplace mantel. It made sense, since I can't hang our stockings there right now anyway. Zach has gotten a little taller since last year!


Speaking of Zach, he made this adorable hand-printed manger ornament at CBS this week. On the back, it says, " I used my hand to make a manger, a place for Jesus to lay. I'll use my heart so full of love, as a place for Jesus to stay." I was so blessed and happy to be able to serve in his class this week!


I loved reading Katie's IG post this week @ I Choose Brave.
"Christmas traditions create beautiful memories, threads that connect long after our children leave the nest. But they don't serve us well as a noose around our necks. Use them wisely, enjoy them fully, but hold the weight of expectation loosely. There are a million wonderful ways to enjoy Christmas with your family. And the year, the way we've always done it, might not be one of them."
This is so true. Every year brings change and as a tradition loving person, this was a GREAT reminder to be flexible and hold traditions loosely, but people, closely!


 You can't really tell from this picture but the other night, all 5 of us piled into our bed and watched,
"A Charlie Brown Christmas." The best part: When Zach laughed hysterically every time he saw Snoopy!  


 The girls were invited to do some holiday baking with their sweet girlfriends. They had a blast!
Thank you to my friend, Debbi for hosting!


Our sweet friend, Casey from church is an amateur photographer and she took some pictures of the kids this week. They turned out great and I can't wait to get some printed and up on our walls. I'm having Holly work on our Christmas cards now and soon, I'll share some of my favorite new pictures of the kids!
     

This kid. Look at how sweet he looks. He's one of my favorites EVERY week!

Daddy's home early. Gotta go!
Happy Fri-yay!




2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -