First Day of School

06 September 2016


 In the spirit of our "official" new school year. :)
(I have a pre-pre schooler, too.)


 The sillies.


Finding reasons to celebrate and making the little things in life special for my kids has always been my joy as a mom so we started a new tradition this morning of having hot cross buns on the first day of school. They were so delicious when we made them for Easter, it was a shame to wait ALL YEAR to enjoy them again.
Plus, it makes sense, right? I always think of Easter as a new beginning, too. :) 
They were scrumptious!!


 By His grace and for His glory. Homeschool, year #7!


 *Grace*
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite book: The Green Ember
Favorite TV show: The Odd Squad
Favorite food: Peanut Butter Sandwich
Favorite thing about myself: My eyes
When I grow up, I want to be: a mom


 *Faith*
Favorite thing to play: Piano
Favorite food: deviled eggs
Something I really like: Legos
Something I really don't like: roller coasters
Favorite thing about myself: I am a twin
When I grow up, I want to be: a teacher


Grace doing her math on the computer.


Faith doing her spelling on the couch. :)

As the girls enjoyed breakfast, I had a fun questionnaire I had them fill out. Basically, I just wanted a little keepsake of their first day of 5th grade. In addition to our delicious hot cross buns, yesterday Faith took some time and made deviled eggs so we could enjoy them for our special breakfast today. It's her specialty and she loves to make them. Almost as much as she loves to eat them!

The day went beautifully! Dinner is in the crockpot and smelling fabulous (BBQ chicken) and the girls are happily reading and playing with Zach as we wait for daddy's arrival.


So thankful to the Lord for this wonderful, smooth sailing, joy-filled day! 


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -