Goodbye, June!

03 July 2016

Trips to the library.


Swinging in the backyard.


Pretending to be a knight who saves the day.


Weekly My Gym visits.


Volleyball with one of their besties.


Girl power!


Tons of reading for all.


Kicking the water.


Playing in the pool.


Jumping in with daddy.


Hanging out in the shade.

We're already a few days into July and June has quickly come and gone.

In addition to all the above activities, the girls have also been going to summer school 2 days a week with Miss Lyndi. It's from 9-12 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and mainly, they're focusing on Math and Writing. It's been great fun for them and they just love their time with her. We're so blessed and thankful she's our neighbor!

The girls are also playing in a volleyball clinic each week. A friend from their school as well as a friend from our neighborhood also play. They're having a blast, to say the least! We enjoy watching them hustle and give it their all. This is the first TEAM sport they've participated in, and so far, it's been awesome! 

Everyone has their nose in books around here. Leisurely reading has got to be one of the greatest things about summer! In addition to several audio books and 6 or 7 read alouds we've already gone through as a family, the girls are also checking out 25-30 books from the library each visit. Sometimes, we don't even make it two weeks before we return them and pick out some more. I'm getting used to the fact that there will be a perpetual pile of books located randomly throughout my whole house in any given room. Especially now that Zach loves to read, too!

Daddy trying to get out the door for work but Zach brings him one more book.

The girls have been such a huge help to me as I recover, as well as in general. I just love having them home! They are growing up so fast and we are blessed to witness their maturity and growth. They do so many things around the house to help like laundry and simple household chores. They also change diapers, play with Zach, read to him, and put him down for a nap when I need them to. They've discovered that this is one of the sweetest times they have with him so they each desire to do it whenever possible. 

In their spare time, the girls are also having fun in the kitchen!

Faith is pretty much the master of breakfast foods and she can whip up some of the best eggs around.

They take great pride in serving me food and I love to see them get excited about something they've made.

This was Faith's first attempt at my favorite: an over easy egg. She knows me so well. This is a whole wheat English Muffin with the gooey yolk dripping from the egg. She also knows I like my eggs with a small side of ketchup for dipping.
  

This is the beautiful chopped salad the girls made for me one day. It was absolutely delicious and I loved the all the vegetables, fruit, and nuts they included. Plus, they made that Parmesan Crisp you see in the middle. So GOOD!

For me, I'm happy to say goodbye to June. Although I've been able to drive and do a lot, for the most part, I've spent the last 2 weeks recovering from surgery. That means I've had to take it easy, which means I haven't been able to exercise or feel as 100% capable as I'd like to.

But...

Hello, July!

And hello to new beginnings, birthdays, and the beach!


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -