Mini Retreat

02 February 2016


I had the pleasure of attending a mini retreat this weekend and it was exactly what I needed. I love the idea of a mini retreat. Unlike typical retreats where you're gone for the whole weekend, this was only for half the day, from 9-1:00. Also, it was held locally, in a beautiful home, which I felt made it more personal.

The day consisted of:
-Sweet worship
-Short teaching
-Quiet time of our own to reflect, pray, and study the word of God
-Brief time of group discussion and sharing
-More amazing worship
-Delicious lunch and fellowship

My time at the retreat reminded me of two very important truths:

Truth #1. Faith is just the beginning of our walk with the Lord. A profession of faith without progress in the faith is a DEAD faith. Our faith GROWS as we continue to seek Him in all things and all circumstances. When we take our eyes off of our surroundings and begin to search for Christ, His presence then, begins to change us.
The FAITH TO BE CHANGED begins with a WILLINGNESS TO SEEK HIM.
"I love all those who love Me. Those who search will truly find Me." -Proverbs 8:17
To be honest, last year, I was mostly in survival mode. I probably spent most days seeking sleep more than anything else. This year, with Zach being older and eating much better, I'm already a little bit more mobile. My goal this year is not only seek God but INTENTIONALLY PURSUE AFTER HIM with my whole heart.

Truth #2. On occasion, I NEED time to myself. Most of us moms are so busy taking care of our families. We sacrifice ourselves daily and while there is a great joy and obedience in that, I truly believe God wants us to take the time to refresh our souls. Even Jesus took time away from His ministry to GO AWAY BY HIMSELF to pray, meditate, and hear from God.

It's easy to get burnt out. Sometimes we don't even realize we're just going through the motions. We tell ourselves that this season will pass (and it will) but God wants me to seek hard after Him and sit in His presence TODAY. There is no shame in wanting to carve out a little time to be with Him. To BE STILL and to hear His QUIET VOICE is actually the best thing I can do for my family. God wants me to be the best version of me TODAY, not some day in the future when time is more accessible.

I'm typically an introvert and not too fond of big crowds but I loved the fact that all these women from around our valley came to DRAW NEARER to the Lord. The corporate worship was moving and meaningful and the individual private time we had with God was an invaluable gift to my spirit and soul.

I'm so grateful the Lord put it on my heart to go and then made it possible. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -