Trust in You

14 January 2016


I'm loving this new song by Lauren Daigle. It's about trusting God, even when things don't go our way. I've always said it's easy to trust Him when life is comfortable but the Christian life has never been about easy living or settling in to the American Dream. In fact, Jesus says to take up our cross and follow Him. The cross is the very instrument of death. We read how ordinary people gave up everything to follow Him: their jobs, their possessions, their families, and even their very lives. They were not guaranteed health, wealth, prosperity, or even safety.
Faith is the confidence of things hoped for and the assurance about what we do not see. -Hebrews 11:1
We often want signs and clarity before we take a leap of faith but we have to remember that God has a bigger picture in mind. He not only sees everything, He is with us and He goes before us.

Do we really believe God is good? Do we trust Him in every circumstance?

I read recently about a man who went to work with Mother Theresa. Upon arriving, she said, 'Is there anything I can do for you? And he said, ‘Yes, you can pray for me. You can pray that I have clarity.’ And she said, ‘No, I am not going to pray that you have clarity because clarity is the last thing that’s holding you back.’ He said, ‘Mother Teresa what are you talking about? You have had clarity your whole life.’ She said, ‘No, I’ve never had clarity. I’ve only had trust.’

This is my greatest prayer. 

That being a Christ follower would mean more than just a label or a lifestyle. That I would learn to trust God and follow Him, even into the dark places. Places I would never go without Him.

Will it be hard at times? Undoubtedly.
Will it cost us something? Perhaps everything.
Will it be worth it? He promises us so.

Lord, I will trust in You!


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -