Faith’s list

15 March 2015

photo (27)

So, Faith made this list the other night. She’s a detailed and responsible person by nature so this comes as no surprise, really. But who knew that reading her list would actually be such a gift to me? You see, with the addition of Zachary to our family and everything we’ve been through in the last 9 months (trial, transition, and adjustment), I’ll be honest, there were many days when homeschooling was put on the back burner.

Shhh…Here’s a little secret I’ll let you in on…

Every now and again, we homeschooling mamas have a fear that crosses our minds.

It’s the notion that Maybe we aren’t teaching our children enough? In other words, maybe we aren’t good enough?

Well, for me, that thought has never been more prevalent as the girls are about to turn 9 and I haven’t done as much as I’d like to with them in the last 9 months.

But God… (don’t you just LOVE those two words!)

He is faithful and full of mercy, kindness, and patience.

Sure, I haven’t been able to teach the girls as much math or history as I’d like to but reading Faith’s list reminded me that “school” is not just about compulsory subjects. She jotted down her priorities but it also revealed her heart for service as well as her growing maturity and wisdom. Honestly, I don’t know what I’d do without her! It was as if God was saying to me, “It’s OK, mama. Your children are learning in so many other ways, too. Rely on Me and I will guide you and give you rest.”

Over the last year, God has been revealing areas of my life where pride and self-righteousness have taken root. It’s caused me to repent and be reminded that He holds our future in His hands. I have no idea what each day will bring and therefore, I must live everyday in the moment-- with a humble and grateful heart for where He has me right now.

It’s true. Without Him, we are never good enough.

But that’s the beauty of this journey I’m on…

In my weakness, His power is made perfect as His grace rests upon me. 

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -