To Overflowing

20 October 2014

photo (146)

photo (143)

photo (145)
That’s the Golden Gate Bridge. Faith said the card was from Zach, too.

photo (142)
Grace sewed together this ‘nest’ for me. I loved the 3 eggs!
 
photo (147)
Daddy and the girls made me breakfast.

photo (144)
Roses from my love.
So, my birthday comes the day after our anniversary and I knew this year was going to be VERY low key. Just the way I like it. In fact, the night before, Zach had an awful bout with colic so I was up for much of the night and felt pretty exhausted by morning. I walked downstairs to three eager smiling faces, waiting to greet me with a warm breakfast, hot coffee, and sweet sweet homemade cards.
It was all I needed (or wanted) on my birthday. It was perfect. 
Around 8:30, I had planned to get in a little exercise when all of a sudden, the door bell rang…
Hmm, who could that be??

44 B- Day 02A
SURPRISE!!!
Four of my closest girlfriends and all their kids were standing there with balloons, a cake, gifts and well-wishes. It was the sweetest thing! They sang “Happy Birthday” to me at the door and YES, I was TOTALLY SURPRISED!! Apparently, my hubby knew they were coming….also, apparently, he knows how to keep a secret.
44 B-day 03
Never mind the makeup and clothes, I hadn’t even brushed my teeth yet! Lol!

44 B-day 04
And what’s this??
Oh. My. Word.  
photo (149)
My friends are just too much. In fact, there were no words.
I was so very humbled and overwhelmed by their love and effort. I love these girls and all their children! 
And listen, 44 is not old but it’s no small number either! In fact, it took not only one but TWO frames to complete this gift! :)
It ended with one of my favorite verses in the bible.
“Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.” ~Proverbs 31:30-31
Definitely a birthday to remember!
Shannon Webb said...

Glad you had such a sweet birthday! !

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -