The “twin” thing

27 June 2013

IMG_8741-2

I met a woman today who greatly blessed me with a story about her college bound, twin boys. She said they were planning to go to UCSB (about 4.5 hours away) but at the last minute, they both decided to go to UCR instead (about an hour away). They decided they wanted to be closer to home. They wanted to be able to call their parents and have dinner with them if they wanted to. She said they also planned to room together in the dorm and have always been very close. She said when they were little, she’d always find them in the same crib. :) 

Our twins are like that, too. :) 

It reminded me of what I used to think:

I used to think that someday, my girls "should have" their independence. They "should have" their own room, and they "should have" their own separate lives as they grow older. Well, I no longer believe that self-centered lie. In fact, in many ways, I think it perpetuates entitlement in our youth. The Lord has shown me what a gift it is to have a sibling, let alone a TWIN sibling. A sibling relationship is the closest bond you have growing up.

I have always told my girls that God has great plans for them and that He has given them a twin sister for a specific reason. It's so sweet to listen to their future plans of serving the Lord TOGETHER. Lord willing, if they get married, they plan to live next door to one another (and down the street from us!).

I cannot imagine separating them from their best friend and partner in life. This is the only person in the world who's been there, through everything they've experienced thus far. This is not an "un-healthy" relationship or a crutch, it is a PRICELESS GIFT. Not many people get to go through life having someone this special by their side... to depend on, encourage, and bear one another's burdens.

How richly BLESSED they truly are.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor."~Ecc. 4:9

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -