Nectarine Strawberry Smoothie

15 June 2013


Nothing says summer to me like sweet, delicious summer fruit!
One of my favorites has got to be ripe, juicy nectarines. In fact, I prefer them to their fuzzy cousin, the peach.
Besides being more aromatic, did you know nectarines provide twice the vitamin A, slightly more vitamin C, and much more potassium than peaches? You’re welcome. :)
Yesterday, I picked up a whole box and we’ve been devouring them over here. I’m happy my kids share my enthusiasm for all summer fruit. We simply can’t get enough.
In our house, we call fruit, “God’s candy.”
We’ve been enjoying the nectarines as a snack but I’ve also been adding them to my salads. For example, today, I made a spinach salad with grilled salmon, sliced almonds and sliced nectarines. Wow, it was AMAZING!! 
I also made a new breakfast smoothie. The girls said it was one of my best ones to date!

Nectarine Strawberry Smoothie
  • 2 ripe nectarines
  • 1 cup strawberries
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 tsp. honey
Next, I want to try grilling the nectarines to enjoy as a dessert!
(I may have to buy another box, first!) 
Lovin’ this time of year!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -