Orange Pear Kale Smoothie

04 January 2013



A few months ago, Morgan bought me my new Vitamix blender and I've used it almost everyday since then. I'm not gonna lie, at first I felt really guilty that he spent so much money on a blender. Come on, it's a blender? Believe me, laying out this kind of dough on a kitchen appliance is not something we typically do.

Prior to the Vitamix, I was making smoothies for my family about 5 times a week. I guess he was tired of hearing our old blender run 8-10 times before the frozen fruit became the right consistency!

My husband's reasoning was simple... If you're going to use it so often, you should have something that works well. 

I use it almost daily and it has become a way of life for us to have healthy and delicious smoothies in the morning. It also makes yummy and quick desserts in the evening, as well!

This Orange Pear Kale Smoothie is a new favorite in our house. TRY IT!  It's super tasty and oh, SO good for you! 


Even Baby Girl loved her power smoothie!




And just to clarify, you don't need a Vitamix to whip up healthy and delicious drinks for your family. 

It just makes the job a little easier. :)

Orange Pear Green Smoothie


Serves: 4
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup green grapes (I didn't have grapes so I used a green apple with peel on)
  • 1 pear
  • 1 orange, peel removed
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 cup kale (or fresh spinach)
  • handful of ice
Instructions:
  1. Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender
  2. Start on a low speed, slowly increasing to high
  3. Blend until smooth, about one minute   
Green Plate Rule is my new fav. clean-eating blog! I'll be sharing lots of yummy recipes from here.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -