My Story

10 July 2012

Balloon,balloons,colour,sky,happy,woman-ddd1c40771d79320f4912c2de0d193aa_h_large

It's summer and it's hot.  It's actually 115 right now.  Yes, you read that right.  
However, I'm not complaining.  My days are filled with books, music, cuddles, art, walking the pooch in the early mornings, and lots and lots of reading.  I am joyfully soaking up every minute of this precious, slow down and "take notice of the little things" season.  Therefore, I haven't been writing as much.  However, I do enjoy being inspired by others.  

I loved this beautiful post from Southern Mama and Wife.  She took the words, right out of my heart. 

I’ve got a half a cup a coffee & a tired mama mind.

Tonight I cooked dinner with one hand and a happy, smiling 10 month old girl in the other. My 3 year old tried destroying my table with her version of ‘art’ with markers. I took a minute to thank God that He made washable markers. Yes, tonight I let out a sigh of relief. And then I laughed.

As mama’s, we have our own story. And every story is different, unique.

Mine is my testimony.

I started out on this journey with a graceless heart. With an attitude. With a bitterness.

On the way, I cut it out and was able to restart.

With every small kiss on my cheek, with every sacrifice. With every effort that is selfless.

I am made new. My children show me every second of everyday that I am not who I used to be, but who I’m becoming. I am shaking it off. I am letting go. I am shedding that skin.

...And when I look in the mirror, I see more of Him and less of me. And my heart is bursting with this new gratitude for what is. I am so thankful for what is flawed. For what is not perfect. For what is not shiny. It was in those moments I was able to evolve and transform. Every bit of it is what makes up my story.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -