dog days of summer

13 May 2012

Bonnie 020

Meet Bonnie.  She’s a Scotty.  And the sweetest dog I’ve ever met.

 

Bonnie 013A

She loves running with me in the mornings…

 

Bonnie 025

And tagging along wherever we go.

 

Bonnie 058A

She’s not crazy about baths but it was necessary after a dusty hike!

 

Bonnie 061

 

Bonnie 064

She does enjoy having her hair brushed!

 

Bonnie 068

The twins decided they needed a bath, too.  And here’s where the real fun begins!

 

Bonnie 069

 

Bonnie 072

 

Bonnie 073

 

Bonnie 074

OK, time to switch!  “You get in, sis!”

 

Bonnie 075

“How’s that?!”

 

Bonnie 079

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!!

 

Bonnie 080

Having no fun at all.

 

Bonnie 081

Silly girls!

 

Bonnie 093

 

Bonnie 095A

Who needs a pool, right?! 

OK, back to the dog-  I can assure you that you have indeed clicked on to the right blog.  You might even be thinking, “Wow, she actually got a dog!”  However, as cute as Bonnie is, she is not ours.

We are extending our joy of hospitality to animals as well as people.  We’re dog sitting for 2 weeks while our friends are on vacation.  Most of you know I’m not really a “pet person” (a goldfish is about as much as I can handle).  Saying yes to having an indoor dog did not come easy for me.  In fact, I recall saying no many times before I said yes (my husband can be very persuasive).  He even talked the kids into it (not that it took a whole lot of talking into).  He said it might be a good experience for the kids and give us an idea of what our lives would be like with a dog someday.

Truthfully, I was sort of anxious about the whole thing and I even had my core group at bible study praying for me.  The prayers were definitely answered because God has gifted us with the most gentle, sweet, and mild-mannered dog!  Bonnie never barks, yips, or jumps.  She’s about as low maintenance as any dog can get.  My husband was right… again.  It has been a good experience, for all of us.

Bonnie is quickly making friends around the neighborhood and the girls enjoy taking her for walks.  She’s become my new little shadow.  She’s very protective of me and follows me where ever I go.  In fact, she’s laying here by my feet, taking a little snooze as I write.

Thank you, Lord for answered prayer!  You could’ve answered in any way and I know there would have been a lesson in it for me.  It could’ve been the longest 2 weeks of my life but instead, You’ve turned it into something good. 

We’re only 4 days in but we’re quite comfortable with each other already.  At this rate, I may even miss her when she’s gone!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -