The Vine

13 March 2012

One of the things we’re enjoying about our new backyard is the fact that we have a couple of mature trees planted here.  In addition to providing lots of shade, the girls have been challenged by learning to climb.  One tree in particular has been a great source of determination.  It’s produced scrapes, scratches, some fear, victory, and ultimately, a vivid backdrop to budding confidence. 

Every time I gaze up at this tree (with its intricate and detailed branches), I’m reminded of John 15:5.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

No matter how much we’d like to think we have it all together, apart from the Lord, we can do nothing of worth.  Nothing of true, eternal value.  Whenever I’m consumed with doing things my own way or allow myself to drift away from the Vine, my fruits are un-plentiful and immature. 

I don’t know about you but I don’t want a day or a moment to go by without the foundation, dependence, and support of the Vine.          

What an extraordinary reminder, smack in the middle of my ordinary, yet beautiful day.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -