first fruits

20 March 2012

fruits

Last week, the girls told me that there were some pebbles growing in my garden.  I went out to see these “pebbles,”  and I was pleasantly surprised that they were, in fact, tomatoes! 

You might think that growing this garden has been a piece of cake (especially since I didn’t start from seeds).  However, I failed to check if the drip system worked properly before I planted (rookie maneuver).  Therefore, I’ve been tending to this garden of mine, the old fashioned way-  by daily hand watering. 

Today, the girls are excited about snipping some herbs for me.  Basil and cilantro is what I use most right now.  And they can’t wait until I ask them to pick some veggies from the garden. 

As far as I can tell, everything seems to be doing OK (except for maybe one watermelon vine).

Regardless, I am encouraged!        

"For if the first fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches."   ~Romans 11:16

Hailey said...

Woo Hoo! I think the best part of gardening is watering by hand!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -