The Power of Words

19 January 2012

Have you ever said something to someone and then immediately wished you could take it back?  Have you ever used your words to hurt or criticize rather than to build up or encourage?  Sadly, I have.
In Proverbs 18:21, it says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” That means every word that comes out of our mouth either gives life or brings death.  In other words, there are no neutral words. 
Life words give encouragement, hope, wisdom, instruction, grace, understanding, or praise.  Death words bring anxiety, hopelessness, sadness, guilt, anger, despair, or bitterness.  Our words are one of the unique differences we humans have that animals don’t.  Words can linger in a person’s heart forever.
Let us choose our words wisely today.             

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. ~Psalm 19:14 

Linda M said...

That was an amazing Video, My eyes watered. :'( . God Bless you, You are Touching Lives!

Catherine said...

Linda,
Thank you for all your encouraging and kind comments! We all have a platform that God gives us to use for His glory, don't we? I know you're spreading some love in your corner of the world, too. Keep shining!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -