'Tis the season

04 December 2011

Mama Liveri's 005A

We took a stroll to our new favorite pizza joint.  Mama Liveri’s!

 

Mama Liveri's 013A

The pizza crust is a-mazing!  Thin, chewy, and just plain delish!  The sauce is divine, too!

 

Mama Liveri's 003

Prepared for the walk.

 

Mama Liveri's 023

I figured out why walking (or biking) around town appeals to me.  I realize this may sound rather silly to someone who doesn’t regularly use a car for transportation but being able to walk out our front door and be at one of our local establishments within 5 to 15 minutes, is not only great exercise but it also indulges that “City Girl” in me.  That city girl I once was in my late 20’s, when I lived in downtown San Diego.  I loved the energetic vibe and the convenience of being able to walk anywhere I wanted to go. 

I think in some way, every girl dreams of one day living (or at least visiting) a bustling cosmopolitan city like Paris, NYC, SF, or LA.  Big cities often bring big dreams, high adventure, hustle and bustle, lots of culture, and of course, great food. 

Although Palm Desert isn’t exactly what I would call a cosmopolitan city, it does have it’s own appeal in many other ways.  As we walked to dinner the other night, admiring our neighborhood Christmas lights, I couldn’t help but thank the Lord for the different ‘seasons’ in my life.  Seasons not only bring change but when looking back, it brings about feelings of  nostalgia and gratefulness.  Much like the many places I’ve been able to live (i.e. the city, the beach, the suburbs, or the desert) each season is distinctive, with it’s own purpose, memories and lessons… 

Sometimes, don’t we forget to enjoy the season we’re currently in? 

We’re often too busy thinking ahead to what our next season or destination might be. 

I choose to embrace this moment… this season… today. 

I choose to be grateful for all the little gifts He gives me because He knows me so well.  He knows my love for the theatre, for shopping, for good restaurants, and the occasional glimpse into city life.  He also knows that my heart  is drawn towards simplicity, peace and quiet, wide open spaces, the beauty of the ocean, and a good farmer’s market.

I am so THANKFUL for a God who knows me so well, who’s in control (so I don’t have to be), and does not overlook one single detail! 

We all know seasons come and go...  Sometimes they last days, months or even years.  I pray you are finding little moments to embrace not only this holiday season, but also the current season of your life.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -