Pinterest

18 September 2011

There’s no two ways about it.  I’m a visual person.  Especially when it comes to things that inspire me.  I’m also a relatively organized person- not obsessive, just neat and tidy (so I don’t lose my mind).  I found out about Pinterest a few months ago through my friend, Aubrey.  Since then, I’ve been hooked!  If being creative gets your juices flowing, Pinterest is the place to find your inspiration!  There’s a plethora of beautiful images and ideas, waiting to be borrowed. 

What exactly is Pinterest?  Think of it as a Virtual Pin board.   

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. For example, people use pin boards for various reasons- to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, or organize their favorite recipes.

Best of all, you can simply browse pin boards created by other people.  Browsing is a fun way to discover new ideas and get inspired from people who share your interests.

So for months now, I’ve just browsed.  I accumulated ideas, recipes, and future projects.  However, it was time for me to create my very own pin board.  I began to feel a little disorganized with all the ideas I had running around in my head and no place to put them!  Ha!  It was time for me to commit and open my own account. 

The catch- you had to have a Facebook or twitter account to sign up.  I didn’t have (or want) either.  After a quick email to tech support, they suggested that I open a twitter account (for it’s easy and minimal process) and then immediately de-active it once my Pinterest account was created.  It worked!

So now I have my very own pin boards where I can store my visual inspiration and categorize things for sometime down the road (or maybe never).  Who knows!  Here are some of my recent pins…

 

  Home Sweet Home…

Vintage doorknob

                              An antique doorknob as a curtain tie back.                            

 

Holidays…

Candy corn

Simple fall colors.

                                                               

My Style…

Love everything about this!

 

4 My Girls…

Dream Big

  Room décor.

 

Sweet Treats… 

carmel apple dip                                                                                 Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip.                                                                                  

 

Homeschool…

phases of the moon

Cute idea.

 

Inspiration…

true

So, if you’re feeling like you need a little creative pick-me-up, check out Pinterest.  However, please don’t be offended if I don’t “follow you” or ask you to “follow me.”  Pinterest is nothing more than a resourceful tool, a place for me to collect and organize images, words, and ideas.  I have no interest in knowing about what anyone else is pinning to their boards. 

I know, I’m a bit anti-social that way! Smile with tongue out 

Caution:  Have fun but like anything else, spend your time wisely.   

Happy Pinning!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -