Stop Filling the Pail

02 August 2011

Fire Pail-1

“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”

~W.B. Yeats

 

This year I will encourage interests.

 

This year I will stretch minds.

 

This year I will engage hearts.

 

This year I will disciple.

 

This year I will point the direction.

 

This year I will lead the way.

 

This year I will look for mastery.

 

This year I will wait for understanding.

 

This year I will take longer.

 

This year I will listen more.

 

This year I will laugh.

 

This year I will light fires.

 

by Amy @ Raising Arrows

 

Our family’s homeschooling journey is something I’m constantly challenged and inspired by. It evolves, grows, and changes as we seek to learn more about home educating our children (as well as ourselves), the various methods, coupled with our own strengths, weaknesses, and desires for our children’s future.

There is not a day that goes by where I feel like I’ve got it all together in this department (or any department for that matter). 

However, I do know, I am exactly where I’m meant to be-  figuring out my way, learning from others who have gone before me,  and coming a wee bit closer to understanding and redefining what education (and it’s uniquely personal path) truly means for our family.

Hailey said...

Couldn't have sait it better myself love.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -