Caramel Apples

08 July 2011

caramel apples 042
Yes, I could’ve made homemade caramel sauce but this was purely an impulse buy that took me back to my childhood.
The girls saw this in the grocery store and asked me what it was. 
You remember the ready-made caramel wraps?  Ok, maybe not.  Maybe I’m dating myself?  Oh well.
I have some good memories making these as a kid with my bro!
caramel apples 033caramel apples 010

step 1:  wrap                                                                                                 step 2:  stick
caramel apples 015caramel apples 018
step 3: bake at 200 for 5 mins. 
step 4:  ENJOY!
caramel apples 056

*for added goodness, you can chill the apples in the fridge before melting the caramel on them. 
the contrast of the warm sticky caramel vs. the cool crisp tartness of the granny smith is quite nice!
caramel apples 042
one for each of my loves. Smile
Happy Weekend!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -