Tea Party

29 June 2011

Tea Party 021
This gorgeous tea set was another garage sale find, gifted to us by my girlfriend, Hailey.  We love it.
I wanted to surprise the girls when they woke up from their afternoon nap (yes, they still nap and it’s wonderful!).
Before coming downstairs, I asked them to make sure they were “dressed up” (nothing new here). 
I told them I had a special surprise waiting for them.
They even got to wear my pearls.  Smile
Tea Party 026A
No afternoon tea is complete without finger foods! I made mini oatmeal raisin cookies and pb & honey sandwiches.
Mommy even dressed up for the occasion.  I broke out the vintage lace dress and pearls.
Tea Party 030A

Tea Party 038A

Pouring Grace a spot of “tea.”  I used daddy’s Kiwi Strawberry Vitamin Water (mostly because it was pink!).
Tea Party 041A

Learning how to sip our tea like a fine young lady.
Tea Party 045
Tea Party 043

I’m certainly no expert but we also talked about lady-like table manners, how to wipe our mouths with napkins and place them on our laps, as well as overall tea etiquette.  
Tea Party 046
My girls are so sweet.  Several times afterwards, they kept thanking me for the party. 
When being tucked into bed that night, they said it was the BEST part of their day. Smile
What a privilege it was for me to watch my daughters as I  joyfully served them in this way. 
They beamed with love, worth, devotion, and graceful beauty.  They lovingly hung on my every word. 
I’m convinced!  We must do this again and somewhat often.  Every little (and big) girl needs a tea party.

“The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.” ~Margaret D. Nadauld
The Letter 'W' said...

how fun!!! love a good tea party!

Hailey said...

just splendid! I do that often with Vivien and she, like your girls, say it's the best part of her day! Even Levi has been known to love a good tea party! Last time I made the Barefoot Contessa's Maple Oat Scones - but that is a very special treat as it has enough sugar in it to last a few weeks! Good job momma!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -