Grilled Pizza

27 June 2011

On my “to-try” list this summer- Grilled Pizzas!  Here’s my first (but not last) attempt.   
Grilled Pizza 156
I thought I might burn my first couple of tries so I opted to use premade dough instead of making my own.  The whole wheat dough from Fresh & Easy was delish.  I’d definitely use it again.  
Grilled Pizza 020Grilled Pizza 022
No need for round pizzas.  Odd shapes add to the homemade and rustic feel.  These are approx. the size of my hand. 
Save the rest in an air tight container.  Freezer ready.
Grilled Pizza 026Grilled Pizza 028
Some toppings:  Fresh mozzerella, pineapple, smoked ham, sliced tomatoes, basil, and baby spinach.  For the pizza sauce, I used evoo and roasted tomato pesto.
Grilled Pizza 135
The key to grilled pizzas:  The 3 T’s-  Timing, Temperature, and Toppings.  It’s a fast process once you put the dough on the hot grill so timing and temperature need to be closely monitored.  The last T is for toppings (less is more).  You wanna pick things that cook fast.
The grilled chicken was for another yummy dish.  
Grilled Pizza 139
Indirect heat works well to melt/heat the toppings.
Grilled Pizza 140
Looking for a crispy, golden brown crust.
Grilled Pizza 149
It definitely had that smoky grilled flavor and chewy/crunchy crust.  Overall, for my first attempt it wasn’t too bad.  I only burned one piece of dough that had to be thrown away. SmileI saw lots of potential for future grilled pizzas!    
Most importantly, my family enjoyed it, so that’s all that matters.  Buon Appetito!     
Grilled Pizza 156
The Letter 'W' said...

that's so funny... i have been doing grilled pizzas that last two weeks, too. :)

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -