At 5 years and 27 days...

18 April 2011

Both Faith and Grace have learned to tie their own shoes!

Oh, happy day! :D

Faith "got it" rather quickly.

Grace took a bit longer but with lots of practice and perseverance,
she was victorious!

I suppose I could've taken the time to teach them how to tie their own shoes sooner. I guess it just wasn't a top priority for me. Besides, the girls only own one pair of sneakers so it wasn't a big deal. Faith required very little assistance since she practically had it on her own already. But then again, she's also my technical child. Figuring stuff out comes easier for her. Grace, on the other hand, is my free spirit and abstract thinker. She requires lots of encouragement and repetition, but in the end, SHE GOT IT! She was so proud of herself and said she can't wait to show daddy when he gets home from work.

(Hey, it's one less thing this mama needs to do-- twice!!)

I thought this was cute... later, I found this bow tied to the fridge door. :)


Good job, girls!

Hailey said...

So adorable!! I absolutely LOVE the bow on the fridge - precious girls. And I totally agree with you - how you could have taught them earlier! I remember Faith was so good at making bows from one string during school last year.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -