The Heritage of Grandparents

27 March 2011

Korean barbeque... yummy!

My mouth is watering. :)

Patiently waiting for dinner.

Grace & Hapajee.

Halmoni reading Korean books.

Faith 'reading' Titantic to Hapajee.

On their way to the Street Fair.

We had a busy weekend but one that was full and rich with goodness. My parents came for a quick visit on Saturday afternoon. As we were sitting in the backyard having dinner, I was thinking how special these days are with them. Not only with my parents, but Morgan's as well. Grandparents leave a rich heritage, long after they're gone. And Faith and Grace are at the age now where they'll remember all the little things- and it's the little things that matter the most.

Like how Halmoni & Hapajee always bring us delicious Korean food everytime they come to see us. We don't eat much beef in our house so once in a while, we begin to crave it. And there's no better way to fill up on beef, than Korean bbq! Morgan does his best to "make up" for all the times I didn't cook beef. :)

I'm happy he loves it! It's fun for the girls because we get to eat with chopsticks, grill outside, use lettuce wraps for dinner, and fill up on sticky white rice. Little things, like how my mom reads to them in Korean or asks them if they want to earn money by massaging her feet or back.

The girls will always remember the fact that Grandpa Jerry drinks a glass of milk with his dinner or how his moustache tickles when they give him a kiss. Or how at Grandma's house, they get to pick fruit from their trees, play with rocks on the side patio, or take a ride around the neighborhood on their golf cart.

I can't accurately describe what it is about a grandparent's love and affection for their grandkids but my hope and prayer is to able to one day.

Unfortunately, both my grandfathers passed away before I was born but I had a special bond with both my grandmothers. I was the apple of their eye. I remember how their faces would light up when they saw me, even well into my late 30's, when the last of my living grandmothers (my beloved Halmoni), went home to be with the Lord. What a joy and blessing it is for my girls to be able to create those special memories with their loving grandparents.

"I will be your God throughout your lifetime, until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you."

~Isaiah 46:4
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -