Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits

02 February 2011

The kid version...

Layered with sliced bananas, chopped Nutter Butters, and peanuts.

The gooey pb mix = pb, powered sugar, cream cheese, and whipped cream.

The adult version...

... oh, with whipped cream on top!

Last week, one of Morgan's client's were in town and they needed to talk a little business. They also just wanted to get together for a meal. The couple invited us to Sullivan's Steakhouse one night but instead, I thought it might be nice to invite them over for dinner. Can you tell I'm feeling comfortable in my new home? This year, I'm really striving to have deeper relationships and let more people into my life. You gotta love it when God gives us opportunities to 'walk our talk'. :) I can't think of a better way to get to know someone, than to invite them into your home and break bread with them.

I made a comfort meal that went over great. I wanted the food to taste super flavorful yet feel very casual. It's always nice when your guests ask for seconds... it's even better when they feel comfortable enough to get up and get it themselves! :)

And just because I know someone will ask, here's what was on the menu...

Appetizer: From Trader Joe's, I picked up these cute little tarts made out of carmelized onions and feta. Um, can you say, Tasty?!
Entree: Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup with a Smoked Turkey & Artichoke Panini. It was the perfect casual meal yet it also felt like a luxurious treat.
Plus, my girls said the soup was better than Panera's! I'll take that. :)

*Both the soup and sandwich recipe can be found at Our Best Bites.

Anyway, for dessert, I made something for the "kid" in all of us. Who doesn't like the combo of chocolate and peanut butter?? These parfaits were inspired from Paula Deen. I improvised and made it easier by using already made pudding packs. The parfaits were easy, decadent, and oh so yummy...
Here's to Happy (& comfy) Entertaining!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -