an old friend

19 December 2010

This week, I got to see one of my dear friends, Melinda. Isn't she cute? Mel and I met years ago when Morgan and I started dating. At the time, Mel was dating Morgan's good friend, Peter. Both Mel and Peter were also in our wedding and a couple of years later, they too got married. When I lived in LA, it was much easier to see each other and get together for lunch or dinner but here we are, years later, living 2 hours away from each other, with 5 kids between us.

Thankfully, at least once a year I get to see her and it's something we both look forward to as Christmas draws near. Morgan and Pete are not only good friends but they are also colleagues and business partners. They've worked together for years now and they've been through a lot in their professional careers. On Thursday night, we met in Pasadena for the guys' annual company dinner.

We indulged ourselves at Ruth's Chris and spared no expense. It was, of course... fabulous. Morgan and I also got the treat of spending the night in a hotel that evening. Since the girls were staying over at Grandma and Grandpa's, it was the perfect little excuse to enjoy some quiet time together.

Throughout dinner though, it was all about catching up with Mel. We were like two giddy school girls. We laughed, we cried, we whispered and giggled. Mel is hands-down one of the sweetest people I'm blessed to know. She is not only fun and kind, she is gracious and extremely patient. I loved talking to her about what God is doing in both of our lives. I also enjoyed sharing about our children and what we're learning in each of our bible studies. Aren't easy friendships wonderful? I couldn't help but thank God for ours and the gift of a godly girlfriend who loves you, prays for you through life's challenges, encourages you and inspires you to be God's best. What a sweet sweet gift.
It was a great night catching up with an even greater friend.

Merry Christmas to me.
Hailey said...

merry christmas to you indeed! Glad you had a wonderful time in so many ways!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -