Thankful Thursday

11 November 2010


This week, I'm thankful for...

~My 2 little girls who like to "dress up" every minute of everyday. I wonder how much longer they'll enjoy twirling around in their royal attire?

~A leaky roof that got fixed (thankfully, it was over our courtyard). The best part- our homebuilder picked up the tab- over 4 years later! Praise the Lord!

~H20. During the few days where our leak was getting fixed, we used our water sparingly. It's amazng how we take the simple things for granted.

~The girls started a new gymnastics class on Tuesday and they absolutely LOVE it! They're having a blast learning many new skills. Even daddy and grandma got to come and watch this week.

~A godly husband who strives to do the will of God. He's not only humble but he's proactive about strengthening his faith. I'm so proud of him and the leader he is to our family.

~I still have a running partner, 2-3x's a week! I know it's not his favorite thing to do (he has a bum knee) so I really appreciate him getting up early with me.

~Some sweet moments during school time with the girls. I love seeing them grow; joyful, confident, and proud of the work they've accomplished that day.

~Last but not least, I'm thankful for the men and women who have bravely served to protect our country and its priceless freedom. Thank you to all our past, present, and future Armed Forces.
Kate Reeves RN said...

I read your article in the Desert Christian News and did not understand your comment about being in Newport: "Since we couldn't go to church. ." Orange County has hundreds of churches, some very similar to Southwest. One of the joys of travel both near and far is to see how others do it. Next time get out of your shell and visit someone else's place of worship--you're living in a cocoon.

Catherine said...

Kate,
We were in Newport for a family wedding and unfortunately, the article did not elaborate on the circumstances. In fact, the editor had to cut out some of the original post due to space. I grew up in OC so I am well aware of the many wonderful church opportunities available. That sentence you mentioned had very little to do with the topic of my article, "Speaking the Blessing." I appreciate the comment you left and hope that perhaps you may have the opportunity to re-read the article and understand the true spirit and intention behind the power of encouraging others and speaking words of blessing. God Bless.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -