Hanging On

27 September 2010

Hanging on to every word You speak 'cause it's all that I need
Hanging on to every word You say
To light up my way
Even every little whisper I'm
Hanging on as if it were my life
I'm hanging on...

To hear the song, click here.

Most days, I feel like I'm hanging on. By hanging on, I don't necessarily mean, by a thread. Thankfully, most days are good. I'm grounded in the moment and clear about God's purpose for me and what He's asking me to do through this season of my life. I'm joyful, thankful, and intentional. It doesn't mean however, that each day goes smoothly. And it certainly doesn't mean that it's easy. Today was one of those days where I really could have used a "do-over" button. Truth is, if I don't hang on to God's promises everyday (in some cases, every moment!) there's always something that will try to pull me away, down a different path. That something may be of this world or it may just be my own sin and pride. Today, it was the latter. Both seperate me from God so therefore, I hang on. Unfortunately, there are no "do-overs" in life. Regardless, I'm so grateful for the grace of God and His new mercies everyday. It's days like today that humble me... and in some strange (yet Perfect way), that's a gift. I'm so grateful for my daughters who forgave me, prayed with me, and asked God to change my heart today.

Sometimes, "Maybe 'hanging on' is exactly what God wants us to do?"
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -