Why we love him so...

23 August 2010




There are, of course, a million reasons why we love daddy so but I wanted to share a few that have come to mind lately. He puts on "shows" for his girls when they ask him to. This happened to be a Western show where he actually took the time to put on the most "country-looking" shirt he owned. He came in wearing a cowboy hat and riding on the girls' hobby horse. By the way, he would NOT, under any circumstances, let me take his picture or video. Ha! Yup, most people would instantly know that Morgan is a very hands on dad and he loves to spend time having fun with his girls and teaching them new things.

He has an incredible amount of patience and thoroughly enjoys interacting and loving on his kids. He's the type of father that still shows a picture of his girls to anyone new he meets.

We are beyond grateful that he typically gets to work from home 3-4 days a week. And believe me, we realize that this is a special gift! What does this mean for us? Mostly, it means that we get time with him. It means that on the days he's home, he spends time reading or playing with the girls in the morning before he even goes into his office. He also takes mini breaks throughout the day where he reads to them, plays a game, shows them how to do something, or helps me discipline them. Another luxury is the fact that when he's home, he gets to join us for lunch! I do not take this gift lightly. As a matter of fact, I figure that God must have known that I could use the extra help! I love the fact that our girls get to see us parent together, as much as possible. We realize that this may not always be our schedule or situation but for right now, we are grateful and aware of this gift.

Another key reason why I love my husband so-- after reading to the girls at bedtime and saying our prayers together, he spends an extra 20-30 mins. every night with them before they go to sleep. That's his "special daddy time." He makes up fanciful stories and characters who experience fun adventures together. He uses those stories to teach them about God, life's lessons, and how they can be more like Jesus. I seriously couldn't ask for anything more in a partner. God knew exactly what I needed and what our girls needed. And although I already praised him the other night, I wanted to blog about it so that Faith and Grace could read it one day and remember all that daddy was and is. He is without a doubt, my better half. He's the rare kind of guy that walks the walk and takes care of his responsibilities, quietly. His lives his life, not by idle words, force, or recognition; but by humility and example. He's the best thing that ever happened to me and I pray that God would bless him with goodness, abundance and faithfulness, all the days of his life.

We love you, daddy! Hurry home! XOXO

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -