Spoiled

08 August 2010

BFF.

We were spoiled again yesterday. Months ago, Grandma wanted to have the girls over for another sleepover so we agreed to have it on the night that Morgan and I had plans to go to a concert. We dropped off the girls around 11:00 in the morning and spent the day relaxing at the Desert Springs Spa.
So lovely! Last year, my friend, Tiffaney (who works as a massage therapist there) gave us day passes that we never found the time to use. It ended up being the perfect way to spend our day for two! In order to save some money, we had agreed in advance to skip on any spa treatments this time. We were just planning to use the spa facilities and hang out together by the pool.
That's until Tiffaney found us. She was on a long break and graciously offered to give me a massage!

Oh, Lord, You always know exactly what I need and You are so good to me.

Did I mention it was free and she wouldn't even take a tip?! Thank you, Lord for sweet friends and for wonderful surprises!

From there, we cleaned up at home, went out to dinner (sushi, of course!) and then made the easy, 10 min. drive to Fantasy Springs to see Rob Thomas in concert! Btw... the show was INCREDIBLE (see below).

This morning, Morgan and I even managed to take a morning run together before picking up the girls and heading to church. Feeling greatly blessed and thankful for the refreshing time I got to spend with my hubby and for loving grandparents that live close by!

Although for the last few years, I mostly listen to only Christian music, Rob Thomas is by far, my favorite secular artist. He is not only a Grammy award winning songwriter and musician but he's also the lead singer for the band, Matchbox 20. I grew to love the band when they first came out in the mid 90's. I have every Matchbox 20 and solo album made and I know the words to almost every song. So yeah, I guess you could call me a fan! This is our third time seeing him in concert and last night was a special treat, unlike the others. It was an all acoustic, storytelling concert in an intimate setting. Can I just say, it was A-MAZING! Although I'm not too fond of the Fantasy Springs concert venue, my hubby managed to get us great seats! Thank you, babe!

Bonus- all proceeds of his tour go to benefit the Sidewalk Angels Foundation, a non-profit organization that Rob and his wife established. They help the homeless in big cities as well as abandoned and abused animals. I say, Win-Win! What a GREAT night!!
Hailey said...

I'm so jealous! I wanted to go to that concert to badly! so glad you had a great time AND got a massage - how splendid!

The Letter 'W' said...

fabulous day!

Genny said...

Awesome! I love matchbox 20 and I love acoustic stuff, so that sounds really great!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -