Mom2Mom

26 May 2010

The beautiful cake that mentor mom, Nancy Walker made!

dear friends- Hailey, Kerri & Cat.

Our sweet mentor moms.

This morning, we wrapped up the last day of our ministry year at Mom2Mom and as always, we celebrated in a special way. Today was also bittersweet for me because it marked my last day at M2M. I've been attending M2M for the last 3 years. I've served in leadership during every session in those 3 years (with the exception of the first session). I told myself that I wasn't going to cry today. I managed okay. After all, it was a day of celebration and thanks to the Lord for all He has done!

Prior to last week, I was still having mixed emotions as the day approached.
I have loved being a part of this amazing ministry. Like so many of the women there, when I first walked into that big room 3 years ago, I didn't know a soul.
I was a new mom to twin girls, new to our church, and new to the desert. Mom2Mom has been a lifesaver for me. It has helped me grow in so many godly ways. I've learned how to be a better mom, wife, daughter, and friend. Perhaps most importantly, it has encouraged me to embrace this beautiful and sacred calling of motherhood. It has helped me to realize that we as mothers have a powerful influence, not only in our homes but for the world and for God's Kingdom. The bonus- God allowed me to use my gifts and talents in a way that I never dreamed of-- all the while, learning how to be the woman He has called me to be. M2M has been a place of rest, encouragement, wisdom, love, support, and challenge. I enjoyed being ministered to, as well as having the privilege of encouraging others along the way. I have gained so much from the warm support of fellow moms, friends, mentors, and a diverse array of inspiring speakers. I have served alongside some of the most phenomenal women-- women who have a true heart for service and for the Lord. Oh, how I will miss my Wednesday mornings!

So, what do I plan to do with my Wednesdays and all the time that I spent serving at M2M? In this new season of life, God has called me to work on being my best- at home. I will be dedicating my time and energy to schooling my girls on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Tuesdays will remain our co-op day. On Thursdays, I will be attending Community Bible Study. The great thing about CBS is that they also have a coinciding bible study program for the kids. Fridays are still being kept open for field trips, travel, or just plain rest. We may also enroll the girls in one extra-curricular activity but as you can see, our schedule is pretty full.

Just last week, I was still going back and forth in my mind about returning to M2M. I knew that I was getting emotional about the decision as the day approached, even though in my heart, I already knew it was my time to step away. Just as I pondered it again one night, God gave me this excerpt from the book, The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace.

A godly mother has her priorities right in relation to her time and children. "Her husband should be the primary benefactor of his wife’s time and energy, not the recipient of what may be left over at the end of the day. Whether her husband is a faithful Christian man or an unbeliever, God wants every Christian woman to be a godly wife- an excellent wife." ~ Martha Peace

After reading that, I immediately had a sense of peace. I knew that God wanted me to stay home and pour my heart into the most important ministry that He gave me-- my family. Maybe I'm just getting to know myself too well but I knew that if I took on too many responsibilities, my husband would be the one to suffer the most. I am committed to serving him better and I can't do that unless I give him the best of my time and energy, not the left-overs.

I do have a passion for encouraging others- especially new moms, new believers, and folks who are considering adoption. God has taught me recently that I don't need to have a title or be on a leadership team to make an impact or encourage others around me. Morgan and I will continue to serve together during Sunday school, our church's orphan ministry, and opportunities around our community.

What a joy and privilege it's been to serve and grow alongside these beautiful women. I am so blessed! Only God knows what the future holds; maybe one day I'll be back? For now, I am so thankful for Mom2Mom and all that it's meant to me during the last 3 years.

Long live, Mom2Mom!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -