Family Rules

25 May 2010


Last week, I read about Family Rules on my friend, Aubrey's blog. It reminded of a biography I read on Barbara Bush years ago. In the book, she mentioned the fact that she always had 'family rules' posted in her house. The cool part about it was that even her grandchildren knew and obeyed them. So, when I saw this again on Aubrey's blog, I thought it was time to lay down the law! No, seriously, I just thought it was a great way to put the things we already do and teach on paper. Over time, hopefully, our kids will actually remember these rules and carry them into their future. Not to mention- it'll keep us grown-ups accountable, too!

You can find these family rules taped to our kitchen wall, right under our scripture for the week and next to the table where we eat together. I used a piece of black card stock and some scrapbooking paper I had. Don't ask me why I have scrapbooking paper-- I've never made a scrapbook in my life! I didn't feel like writing the rules so I just typed them out and had some fun changing the font as I went along. I tried to make it somewhat colorful so that the girls would think it's interesting to look at. After dinner, we went over each rule together as a family and then we prayed over them and asked for God's help and blessing.

Have you given any thought to what your family rules are? Also, I'd be interested to know if anyone grew up with a set of written family rules?
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -