Frozen Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches

07 May 2010

Start by baking a dozen chocolate chip cookies.

Melt the semi-sweet choc chips by using a double boiler and 1 tsp. of veg oil.

Cookies are baked and cooled.

The chocolate sauce is looking silky and fabulous.

The recipe called for toffee candy (like Skor) but my hubby prefers Snickers.

Apply choc sauce to 6 of the cookie tops- i know, as if it needs chocolate sauce!

To the bottom of the other 6 cookies, add sliced bananas (healthy, right?).

After setting in the freezer for 1 hour, it's time to scoop the ice cream.

Now the hard part- let the sammys set in the freezer for another couple of hours! Yup, a lesson in patience. :)

If you don't know it already, I have a passion for food. I not only like to eat good food but I also like to make it look pretty. You eat with your eyes first, right? Although I'm not a very good baker, I do realize that my girls get great joy out of helping me bake and work in the kitchen. They also love to help because they often get samples along the way and then we all get to enjoy the sweet rewards afterwards. This was a recipe I got from Giada at Home.

I love her show and her sense of style- casual elegance. And her food- it always looks delicious and pretty.

Anyway, there's nothing healthy about these ice cream sandwiches, other than the bananas. You can omit the bananas if you want more of a chocolate experience. I went a little easy on the chocolate sauce as well. This was simply an excuse to create memories in the kitchen with my girls and make an unexpected treat for my family. We made them yesterday and so far, Morgan's had two whole sammies and the girls and I have each had a quarter of one. They are fabulously decadent. Not to mention, pretty cute. Give 'em a try!

*oh yeah, almost forgot to mention- in order to make it easier, I used store bought cookie dough!
Genny said...

are you KIDDING me?? Those just look ridiculously good! The problem is, if I made them I would be more like Morgan and less like you, HA!

Unknown said...

yes please!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -