Camping

06 October 2009

Helping dad put up the tent.

Girl scout practice.

View from the sky deck.

Bring on the smores!

Faith being her cute self.

Daddy showing Gracie the art of roasting marshmallows.

Faith says, "Yum!"

Mom and Faith.


Time for bed.

The girls get comfy.

Sleeping under the stars.

Night-night!

For a while now, we've been wanting to do a family camping night in our backyard. We've just been waiting for the weather to cool down a bit.
Last month, we moved our fire pit up to the sky deck so after dinner, we made our way up to make smores and count the stars in the sky. I didn't have any chocolate (and yes, you do need chocolate for smores) so I improvised by using my emergency chocolate, nutella. It was great! The girls enjoyed the outdoor experience and seeing all the shadows from inside the tent. We have a queen sized blow up bed so that really only sleeps 3 comfortably. Somehow, I ended up on the tent floor . Around 12:30 in the morning,
I decided that my comfortable warm bed was waiting for me, about 10 feet away. Morgan and the girls slept the entire night in the tent and woke up with the sun around 6:30. Ironically, I'm actually the one who loves to camp. Morgan prefers the comforts of an RV or a nice hotel room with a proper bed. Now that the girls are older, I can't wait to take them on a real camping trip sometime soon. For now, this was great practice!

The Letter 'W' said...

i'm impressed! tent camping will be daddy's job in our house!!! :)i only sleep in a tent if i am a camp counselor or on a mission trip. haha

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -