San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter

19 September 2009

City girls.

Horton Plaza, right outside our hotel.

Faith gets a butterfly painted on her arm.

Grace's turn.

They loved their glittery butterflies. Only $2 each!

The longest carousel ride... ever.

Mommy was dizzy but Grace was all smiles.

"Hey, you've got a bird on your arm!"

Parrots.

Animal art work made of steel.

Cinderella's carriage.

Enjoying the afternoon.

My old apartment at 5th & G (except it used to be all white).

Last weekend, Morgan had to attend a business conference in Downtown San Diego. Since he was staying in a hotel on Saturday anyway, the girls and I tagged along. On the way down to San Diego, we stopped by the beach for a few hours but it was a little on the cool side for us desert folk. No one else seemed to mind too much but I was covered up with a towel for most of the time! Later, we checked into our hotel and had an afternoon nap before hitting the town. The Westin was conveniently located right next to Horton Plaza so it was fun to walk around at night and grab dinner without getting in the car. Being in this part of San Diego brought back some great memories for me. Ten years ago, Morgan and I started dating (long distance) while I was living here. He lived in Los Angeles and I lived in the Gaslamp Quarter, just a few short blocks away from where we were staying. It was a great "city life" experience for me. I loved my apartment and the fact that I could walk anywhere from it, including the mall (with a Nordstroms at Horton Plaza), great restaurants, jazz bars, dancing, and the grocery store. What more does a girl need? Ha ha!

On Sunday, Morgan was busy all day with work so after getting in a morning nap and a late check out, I took the girls to Seaport Village, hoping to just kill some time. I'm so thankful that the Lord allowed me to spend such a sweet afternoon with my girls. There happened to be an art show going on that day so there was lots to enjoy and do. We had so much fun! Perhaps my favorite part was just sitting on the grass as we shared a bag of popcorn, listening to a jazz player, and watching the sailboats go by...

Although we missed daddy throughout the day, I would not trade for a second all the little moments and conversations that were made for just me and my girls. What a special afternoon we shared together. Simply delightful!
The Letter 'W' said...

i LOVE seaport village!! trey can run around on the grass and teagan can watch the boats. how fun for you that you got to live in the gaslamp quarter. last time we went to horton plaza i remember thinking how convenient it was to the apartments there. glad you had sweet time with the girls!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -