Prayer

09 April 2009


I believe that praying for our children is one of the most important things we can do for them. I also believe that teaching them how to pray is a valuable gift and tool to help them live a victorious Christian life and cultivate their own personal relationship with the Lord. Jesus prayed to His Father, He prayed for His disciples, and He prays for us. How much more should I pray for my family? We want our girls to know that prayer is our lifeline to God. It is our opportunity to develop an intimate relationship with Him by pouring out our heart, our desires, our fears, and our love. God wants us to know that He is accessible at anytime and that He delights in hearing from us. There is no greater joy to me than hearing my kids pray!

I am committed to praying for our girls on a daily basis. In addition to saying grace before meals, devotion time, bedtime prayers, and prayers for various situations that come up throughout the day, we are incorporating family prayer time on Sundays. This is an opportunity for our girls to actually hear our prayers (out loud) for them. There is no reason why they shouldn't know our heart's desire for their spiritual character. Rather than saying many different prayers on a daily basis, I have decided to focus on saying one main prayer for my kids each month. Of course, other prayers are sure to come up throughout the day and month but I like the idea of focusing on one. Within a year, I will have consistently prayed my entire list for them. I have printed it out so that I can keep it with me and pray every morning.

I will pray for my children:

1. That they will know Christ early in life. 2 Timothy 3:15

2. That they will hate sin and love righteousness. Psalm 97:10

3. That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71

4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives; spiritual, emotional, and physical. John 17:15

5. That they will be patient, kind and humble. 1 Corinthians 13:4

6. That they will have a servant's heart. Matthew 20:28

7. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1

8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one.
2 Corinthians 6:14-17

9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

10. That their hope and confidence will come from trusting in the Lord. Jeremiah 17:7

11. That they will have courage to stand tall for Jesus and not be conformed to this world. Romans 12:1-2

12. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6
The Letter 'W' said...

i like that idea to pray for one main thing each month. i agree that hearing our chilren pray is so sweet. last night at bedtime josh started to pray with teagan and he stopped him and said he wanted to pray on his own. it was so sweet to hear him say his own bedtime prayers! btw... i love the hats while praying. :)

Hailey said...

Wonderful! While I pray generally for Vivien I want to be more specifice and this post encouraged me to do so. Thanks!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -