Big Girls

15 April 2009

Sleeping Beauties.

Ready for bed.

A beach cottage.

The girls are finally in "big girl" beds as of Monday. We decided to fore go converting their crib/toddler bed into a full size bed to leave more space for play in their room. Instead, we bought twin beds that convert into a bunk bed. I liked the idea of having the bunk bed option in a few years. We also changed the color of their furniture from honey wood to white in order to create more of a beach-like setting to match the casual beach mural on their walls. Morgan will paint the girls' dresser and mirror white and I am replacing their drawer knobs with some cute decorative ones. The girls wore their new princess jammies that Grandma and Grandpa got them for their birthday and oh my, did they look grown up! Once everything was set, I just took a moment to take it all in. Over the last couple of months, we have entered into another stage with the girls and their new beds serve as confirmation that they are indeed growing up. They are no longer babies but little girls with expansive vocabularies, sharp minds, and definite opinions. Lately, I've been looking at them even closer than I already do and realizing that this will be the smallest they will ever be again. Sometimes, I just breath in those hands, those feet, those toes, and that super soft skin that I can touch and smell all day long. I'm savoring each day and realizing that these precious moments are what makes up a lifetime of memories. If the last two years are any indication, I'll blink and they'll be 10! Time sure flies!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -