My Valentine

13 February 2009

Last night, Morgan and I went out for a much needed date night and an early Valentine's Day celebration. We figured out that we haven't been on a date night since our anniversary back in October of last year! Wow, that's much too long ago. Although we really wanted to go out for sushi again, we tried to pick a place that was romantic and new to us. Our criteria was good food, good lighting, a quiet atmosphere and comfy, romantic booths. Can you tell we craved some alone time? We decided on the Cork Tree Inn and it did not disappoint. Our meal was fantastic! More than that though, it was a special time for us to get reconnected and enjoy a quiet and leisurely conversation. We shared what God was doing in each of our lives and we talked about our kids, our marriage, our hopes and our dreams. I have always appreciated my husband but lately, I have been even more aware of how perfect he is for me and how God has blessed me beyond measure with this man. One of the things that I thanked him for was the fact that every moment he spends with the girls, he makes into a fun learning experience for them. Whether he's fixing something that's broken, taping up a drawing to the wall or taking out the trash, he does so while gently nourishing their desire to learn by explaining each step of the way and letting them try things for themselves. He has an incredible amount of patience and makes even the mundane tasks fun. It's no wonder why daddy is so loved. Besides being a great dad and provider for our family, he is also my biggest supporter and fan. What more could a girl ask for? Thank you for a sweet night, babe. I am so blessed to be your wife. You are one in a million and you are all mine.

"My beloved is mine and I am his..."
~Song of Solomon 2:16
The Letter 'W' said...

How sweet!!

Hailey said...

awwhhh!

Shannon B. said...

What time were you there? We had reservations a little early, I think we were there at 5:00pm. But they stuck us in the not so romantic area. We have been there twice and have decided that is our favorite place for "special occasions" :-)

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -