Dreaming BIG

16 January 2009

I love it when God clearly speaks to me through His word, other people, a message on the pulpit, or maybe even a song. Last week, that's exactly what happened. Since I can be a little hard-headed at times, God used all these things within a matter of hours, along with what's been lingering on my heart over these last few months and brought it all to an undeniable culmination one morning. The bottom line... I was challenged by God to dream BIG, believe BIG, wait for the miracle and experience the power and promise of God like I've never experienced before! Truth be told, dreaming big at this point in my life doesn't exactly come easy for me. Especially considering the fact that I've always felt like I've been blessed with way more than I could have ever dreamed of to begin with. I'm not just talking material things here but more about the blessing of my husband, kids, family, faith and health. Lord knows that I am completely content and grateful for everything in my life. In a way, I guess expecting anything more just seemed a little greedy and self indulgent.

But last week, God invited me to go to another level with Him. He asked me to take Him out of that safe package I was keeping Him in and allow Him to be a Man of His word. He challenged me to trust Him wholeheartedly, instead of placing my own fears, limitations and insecurities on Him, the God of the universe. He dared me to believe that anything and everything was possible for those that believe. Luke 1:37.

He also showed me that perhaps it's my own fear of failure and disappointment that has kept me from dreaming BIG. God spoke to me in such a profound and unmistakable way that morning. I will never forget it. Since then, I've been trying to get my head wrapped around it. I now realize that therein lies my problem! I'm just now beginning to understand that my mind just needs to learn to believe what my heart already knows! God DOES NOT break promises. He can and will deliver in a BIG, BIG way. Mark 11:24 says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Perhaps by thanking Him in advance and eagerly waiting for the fulfillment of the blessing, I am, in fact, calling His promise into being?

Just to be honest, the thought of ignoring this whole interaction between me and God did cross my mind. Except I soon began to realize that the only person that would lose out in that scenario would be me. Could it be that I have been cutting my dreams short? Could it be that God may have even more grandious plans for my future? Is it possible that He has simply been waiting for me to get on board?!

I was reminded that trusting God with everything I am requires daily and constant surrender. It's amazing how quickly and easily I can go back to my old ways of self-sufficiency. Just think! God wants me to be an active participant in something BIG! How exciting is that?! Through His word and the Holy Spirit, I am mustering up the courage to take a giant leap of faith and embark on a new adventure with Him!

I pray that as each new day passes, my confidence will grow, not from myself but from knowing His word, His promises and what He thinks of me. I am incredibly blessed to know that I am a child of the Most High King! A valued and precious daughter that He loves without end. He greatly desires to bless those that are obedient to His calling- far beyond what our human minds can even comprehend or dare to dream.

The question is... "Am I up for the ride?"
I think I'm getting there!

Here's to dreaming and believing BIG in 2009!



Hailey said...

Cheers! Here is to dreaming big with you! Thanks for the encouragement. I love it when the Lord speaks to us so clearly -what a gift of knowing Him! Can't wait to see what dreaming big looks like for you this year.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -