Day beds

10 January 2009


Earlier this week, we finally decided that it may be time to transition from a crib to a day bed. The girls have never wanted to be out of their cribs nor have they ever desired to climb out. Because of that, we just figured that we'd keep them in their cribs for as long as possible. At least that way, we knew where they were at all times. Since they are doing so well with potty training, we decided to make them feel even more like big girls. We purchased bed rails but after putting them up, we decided to take them back. We simply moved the mattress down to the very bottom notch and put a pillow on the ground in case they fell out. The first night, we gave them instructions on what to do if they fell out of bed and to our surprise, no one had fallen out by morning. In fact, the next day, after their morning chatter to one another, I heard them say, "Mommy I gotta go potty!" I walked into their bedroom to find two little girls greeting me at the door. Since then, Grace has fallen out of bed once but she told me that she just climbed back in herself and she was OK. They also enjoy the fact that they can now climb in their beds all by themselves and visit each other as well. This picture was taken in the morning while they were reading books on Gracie's bed.

On a side note... I called Faith "my baby" yesterday and she corrected me by saying that she is not a baby, she's a "girl." She also told me that she was a twin! Ah, sigh...
Danielle said...

Such big girls, so cute!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -