My Testimony

09 October 2008

Yesterday morning, I gave my testimony at M2M. For the last couple of days, I felt a great peace and calmness about speaking so I know that all of your prayers were working. Infact, I didn't really start to get nervous until I pulled into the parking lot. But through the Lord's strength, I managed to get through it with a few tears and a few laughs.

It was a great privilege for me to speak to so many women. I think what helped me was the fact that I knew I was really sharing God's story, what He had done in my life, and what He means to me today. In 1 Peter 3:15 it says... Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

Part of what I spoke about yesterday was finding the courage and faith to say Yes to God. By saying Yes, we are opening up ourselves to God's plans, which are much greater than our own. By saying Yes, we are putting our trust in Him, rather than ourselves or the things of this world. By saying Yes, God is pleased with our obedience and preparing to open up the floodgates of blessing on our lives.

Don't get me wrong, I still struggle with saying Yes sometimes, even though God has proven to me time and time again that He's got my back. Initially, in my mind, I even said no when I was first asked to speak a month ago. I made all kinds of excuses as to why I couldn't do it. But once I took time to pray about it, the Lord gently reminded me that this too, is an act of obedience and trust and if I just said Yes, He would be there to carry me through. I don't think I say Yes to God just to see the next miracle or blessing He has in store for me- that just seems to happen anyway. I'd like to think that with each new Yes, God delights in my obedience, much in the same way that we delight in our children's obedience. And maybe, by that small, yet significant act, God is using this stay-at-home mom in some little way for His Kingdom and for His glory.

Thank you, Hailey for writing such a warm and beautiful summary. I started to tear up when I was reading it! http://mom2momsouthwestcc.blogspot.com/
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -