A Letter to My Daughters

24 September 2008

*Written by a special guest blogger.

To my precious daughters
Faith and Grace,

Two years ago today, mom and I got the call that would answer our prayers. Even though we knew God had something very special planned for our lives we were anxiously waiting for the day when we would find out exactly what that was. I remember getting ready for church in our little guest house in Malibu when the phone rang and mom answered. It was the call that we had been waiting for. I had felt all along that God was going to bless us with a daughter one day and that day had finally come. What I didn't realize was that He had bigger and better plans for our lives. That day, He showed me His greatness and amazing love by blessing us with two little girls. I got to see you for the first time that morning and I will never forget how happy I was. I was so overjoyed that I cried many times that day telling others about you. I was so proud to be your dad. I loved you even before I saw your pictures. It was amazing and something that I will never forget. We went to church that morning to pray. We weren't planning to share the news with anyone right away but deep down, I knew that you were a gift from God and you were meant to be with us. By the time we got to church, I couldn't contain my joy. I was telling everyone we saw about you. I was so excited to let everyone share in our joy and see how awesome God's blessings were. It was an amazing day. It would be a little more than 5 months before we would finally get to hold you and bring you home with us. It seemed like a long time to wait but each day I grew to love you more. It's been two years now and I still remember that wonderful day. And everyday I thank God for His amazing blessing and the love I have for you continues to grow. I didn't know that I could love this much. I just wanted my precious girls to know how I felt when I first saw your picture and learned that I would be your dad.

AML AML,
~Dad
The Letter 'W' said...

what a sweet letter for them to cherish!!

Danielle said...

That was beautiful,truly an amazing Father and Husband, thank you for sharing!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -