Jeremiah 29:11

01 July 2008

Morgan works on the wall.

Finished.

A closer look.

So, we finally finished the girls' back wall in their bedroom. When we had the beach mural painted, I purposely left that wall somewhat bare because I always had something in mind for that space. In between the two palm trees, against the powder blue sky that fades into the white wall, I wanted to put one of my favorite scripture verses. This is a scripture that I have committed to memory since the first time
I read it. I claim it for myself, I store it in my heart, and I live by the confidence, peace and promise that the Lord gives me. The verse reads...

For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord,
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.

My dear friend, Hailey introduced me to a company called Uppercase Living. They make decorative and expressive decals for your home or any space. Although this scripture verse was not in their catalog, I was able to custom design what I wanted. In less than a week, it was delivered to our front door. I had originally thought about painting the verse on the wall myself but I guess the fear of blotching it has kept me from even starting. This was a perfect solution and we are very happy with the results. I pray that my children will also commit this verse to memory and claim it or themselves. I have started to read it to them everyday and they smile each time they hear it.

A note on God's plan...
I heard somewhere recently that God's plan for our lives is not a particular plot line or path as it is a plan for our character development and relationship with Him.

That's so true. I think that our character development and relationship with Him lead us to His ultimate plan and purpose for our lives... to glorify Him, serve Him, love others, and to be with Him eternally.


Hailey said...

It looks so fabulous! The pictures don't even do it justice - a definite must see in person.

I can't wait to do something similar in Viv's room when we've graduated from wanting to pull them off the walls!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -