Mother's Day

11 May 2008

Receiving cards.

The girls put on their life jackets for the boat ride.

An afternoon on the lake.

Grace, our little sailor.

Faith feels a little confined in her jacket.

Daddy & Grace.

A family photo.

The girls check out the parrots, Romeo & Juliet.

Me and my girls.

Watching for boats coming in the lobby.

Just hanging out.

Grace shares her snack.

They even dance to lobby music.

Three peas in a pod.

Pink flamingos.

Relaxing on the lawn.

A black swan.

It was the best Mother's Day weekend. Our celebration started on Friday when we had Morgan's parents over for dinner. We enjoyed our evening, celebrating my mother-in-law, Helen. I am so very blessed to call her "mom," too. My parents came to visit on Saturday morning and mom and I were able to sneak away to enjoy lunch together, just the two of us. We haven't done that in so long. It was really nice. After church on Sunday, Morgan and the girls showered me with cards and kisses. In the afternoon, we went to our favorite resort where we took a boat ride, ate some yummy sushi, and just had fun exploring the grounds. It was a perfect day.

Earlier in the afternoon, I mentioned to Morgan how nice Mother's Day is because it's almost like having another birthday. Not in the sense of receiving gifts but in the sense of feeling a year older, wiser, thankful and reflective. Being a mother has changed me, challenged me, taught me, and graced me with more than I could have ever imagined. What an awesome privilege it is to be a mommy. And to think that the Lord has entrusted me with two daughters! It is a great blessing and at the same time, extremely humbling. I pray that I will continue to grow as a mother, focus on the Lord, seek His wisdom, and be the example of grace, faith, and love that God has called me to be.

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also,
and he praises her.
-Proverbs 31:28



Hailey said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful mother's day weekend. Enjoyed your reflection on being a mom.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -